Ole Miss has already started living up to monumental expectations with a win. On November 9th in their own building, the Rebels thumped the Delta Devils, 93-57. It was all Ole Miss from the beginning, going into halftime way up, 44-21, and finishing strong at the end.
A note regarding this matchup: Last season, Ole Miss beat Mississippi Valley State 80-56.
Ole Miss defeated Mississippi Valley State while showing domination in offensive rebounding and turnover margin.
Ole Miss hit the glass harder than Mississippi Valley State, 24 offensive rebounds to 15, and that led to more second-chance shots. The Rebels hung onto the ball, with 11 turnovers to 23 by the Delta Devils.
Marshall Henderson was the high scorer for the Rebels with 22 points on 50% shooting in 23 minutes, including 15 from three-point range.
With this early victory over Mississippi Valley State, Ole Miss is setting high expectations.
The next game is against Coastal Carolina at home on November 13th.
- Reginald Buckner had a career high with 4 steals.
- Ole Miss started 1-0 during the 2011, 2010, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Marshall Henderson had a career high with 5 three pointers.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (27) than the starters (20).
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 12:00 left to go.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes:
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (16).
- Davon Usher accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Marshall Henderson